A. A person commits animal fighting by knowingly:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2910.01
- Act: means a bodily movement. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
1. Owning, possessing, keeping or training any animal if the person knows or has reason to know that the animal will engage in an exhibition of fighting with another animal.
2. For amusement or gain, causing any animal to fight with another animal, or causing any animals to injure each other.
3. Permitting any act in violation of paragraph 1 or 2 to be done on any premises under the person’s charge or control.
B. This section does not:
1. Prohibit or restrict activities permitted by or pursuant to title 3.
2. Apply to animals that are trained to protect livestock from predation and that engage in actions to protect livestock.
C. Animal fighting is a class 5 felony.