Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2910.03
- Act: means a bodily movement. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
(Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies)
A. A person commits cockfighting by knowingly:
1. Owning, possessing, keeping or training any cock with the intent that such cock engage in an exhibition of fighting with another cock.
2. For amusement or gain, causing any cock to fight with another cock or causing any cocks to injure each other.
3. Permitting any act in violation of paragraph 1 or 2 to be done on any premises under his charge or control.
B. Cockfighting is a class 5 felony.
C. For purposes of this section and section 13-2910.04, cock means any male chicken, including game fowl except wildlife as defined in Arizona Revised Statutes section 17-101.