A. A student athlete may cancel an agency contract by giving notice of the cancellation to the athlete agent in a record within fourteen days after the contract is signed.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 15-1772
- Agency contract: means an agreement in which a student athlete authorizes a person to negotiate or solicit a professional sports services contract or an endorsement contract on behalf of the student athlete. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
- Athlete agent: means an individual who enters into an agency contract with a student athlete or, directly or indirectly, recruits or solicits a student athlete to enter into an agency contract. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic format or any other medium and that is retrievable in perceivable form. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
- Student athlete: means an individual who engages in, is eligible to engage in or may be eligible in the future to engage in any intercollegiate sport. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
B. A student athlete may not waive the right to cancel an agency contract.
C. If a student athlete cancels an agency contract, the student athlete is not required to pay any consideration under the contract or to return any consideration received from the athlete agent to induce the student athlete to enter into the contract.