A. An athlete agent shall retain all of the following records for a period of five years:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 15-1773
- Agency contract: means an agreement in which a student athlete authorizes a person to negotiate or solicit a professional sports services contract or an endorsement contract on behalf of the student athlete. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
- Athlete agent: means an individual who enters into an agency contract with a student athlete or, directly or indirectly, recruits or solicits a student athlete to enter into an agency contract. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Student athlete: means an individual who engages in, is eligible to engage in or may be eligible in the future to engage in any intercollegiate sport. See Arizona Laws 15-1762
1. The name and address of each individual represented by the athlete agent.
2. Any agency contract entered into by the athlete agent.
3. Documentation of any direct costs incurred by the athlete agent in the recruitment or solicitation of a student athlete to enter into an agency contract.
B. The records required to be retained pursuant to subsection A shall be open to inspection by the secretary of state during normal business hours.