In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 20-3451
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Applicant" means a provider that submits a credentialing application to a health insurer to become a participating provider in the health insurer’s network.
2. "Application" means an applicant’s initial application to be credentialed as a participating provider.
3. "Credentialing" means to collect, verify and assess whether a provider meets relevant licensing, education and training requirements to become or remain a participating provider.
4. "Designee" means a third party to whom the health insurer has delegated credentialing activities or responsibilities.
5. "Health insurer" means a disability insurer, group disability insurer, blanket disability insurer, health care services organization, hospital service corporation, medical service corporation or a hospital, medical, dental and optometric service corporation and includes the health insurer’s designee. Health insurer does not include a pharmacy benefits manager as defined in section 20-3321.
6. "Loading" means to input a participating provider’s information into a health insurer’s billing system for the purpose of processing claims and submitting reimbursement for covered services.
7. "Participating provider" means a provider that has been credentialed by a health insurer or its designee to provide health care items or services to subscribers in at least one of the health insurer’s provider networks.
8. "Provider" means a physician, hospital or other person that is licensed in this state or that is otherwise authorized to furnish health care services in this state.
9. "Recredentialing" means to confirm that a participating provider is in good standing by a health insurer or its designee and does not require submitting an application or going through a contracting and loading process.