Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, one or more outpatient treatment center licensees that provide medical, nursing and health-related services may colocate or colocate with one or more licensees that provide behavioral health services or with one or more licensed counseling facilities and may share common areas at the collaborating outpatient treatment center premises and share nontreatment personnel pursuant to the requirements of this article.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-439.01
- Behavioral health services: means services that pertain to mental health and substance use disorders and that are either:
(a) Performed by or under the supervision of a professional who is licensed pursuant to title 32 and whose scope of practice allows for the provision of these services. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Collaborating outpatient treatment center: means a licensed outpatient treatment center that has a written agreement with one or more outpatient treatment centers or exempt health care providers or licensed counseling facilities that requires the collaborating outpatient treatment center to be liable and responsible pursuant to written policies for all common areas that one or more colocators use. See Arizona Laws 36-439
- Facilities: means buildings that are used by a health care institution for providing any of the types of services as defined in this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Health-related services: means services, other than medical, that pertain to general supervision, protective, preventive and personal care services, supervisory care services or directed care services. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Nontreatment personnel: means employees, agents, students, interns or independent contractors who provide services to an outpatient treatment center colocator that do not entail medical, nursing or behavioral health assessment or treatment. See Arizona Laws 36-439