Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 2 > Chapter 2.35 > Article 1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Education Code 24942
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 25000.5