Terms Used In Florida Statutes 400.461
- Agency: means the Agency for Health Care Administration. See Florida Statutes 400.462
- Home health agency: means an organization that provides home health services and staffing services. See Florida Statutes 400.462
- Home health services: means health and medical services and medical supplies furnished by an organization to an individual in the individual's home or place of residence. See Florida Statutes 400.462
- Nurse registry: means any person that procures, offers, promises, or attempts to secure health-care-related contracts for registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, home health aides, companions, or homemakers, who are compensated by fees as independent contractors, including, but not limited to, contracts for the provision of services to patients and contracts to provide private duty or staffing services to health care facilities licensed under chapter 395, this chapter, or chapter 429 or other business entities. See Florida Statutes 400.462
(2) The purpose of this part is to provide for the licensure of every home health agency and nurse registry and to provide for the development, establishment, and enforcement of basic standards that will ensure the safe and adequate care of persons receiving health services in their own homes.