A. The director may refuse to consider for employment or remove from consideration for employment any applicant who:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-746
- Director: means the director of the department of administration. See Arizona Laws 41-701.01
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- State agency: means a department, board, office, authority, commission or other governmental budget unit of this state and includes an agency assigned to a department for administrative purposes. See Arizona Laws 41-741
1. Has practiced any deception or fraud in the applicant’s application.
2. Has failed to reply within a reasonable time to communications concerning the applicant’s availability for employment.
3. Is found to be unsuited or not qualified for employment.
4. Lacks any of the requirements established by the director for the position for which the applicant applies.
B. The director shall develop procedures and standard forms to be used by all state agencies to verify a candidate’s education and work history. The procedures shall include a requirement that a state agency head shall make documented, good faith efforts to contact current and previous employers of a candidate to obtain information and recommendations that may be relevant to the candidate’s fitness for employment.