Arizona Laws 44-7003. Scope
A. Except as otherwise provided in subsections B and C of this section, this chapter applies to any electronic record and electronic signature relating to a transaction.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 44-7003
- Electronic: means relating to technology that has electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical or electromagnetic capabilities or similar capabilities. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Electronic record: means a record that is created, generated, sent, communicated, received or stored by electronic means. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Electronic signature: means an electronic sound, symbol or process that is attached to or logically associated with a record and that is executed or adopted by an individual with the intent to sign the record. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and that is retrievable in perceivable form. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Transaction: means an action or set of actions occurring between two or more persons relating to the conduct of business, commercial or governmental affairs. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
B. For the purposes of this article and articles 2, 3 and 4 of this chapter, this chapter does not apply to a transaction to the extent the transaction is governed by:
1. Title 14 as it relates to the creation and execution of wills, codicils or testamentary trusts.
2. Title 19, chapter 1 as it relates to the signing of referendum petitions and initiative petitions.
3. Title 47, other than title 47, chapters 2 and 2A and section 47-1306 and as otherwise provided in section 44-7016.
C. Article 5 of this chapter applies only to title 10 and transactions governed by title 47, chapters 2, 2A and 7.
D. This chapter applies to an electronic record or electronic signature otherwise excluded from the application of this chapter under subsection B or C of this section to the extent the record or signature is governed by a law other than those laws described in subsection B or C of this section.
E. Any transaction subject to this chapter is also subject to any other applicable substantive law.