In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 9-831
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Fire and life safety inspection" means an inspection of a regulated person or facility conducted to ensure fire safety compliance.
2. "Food and swimming pool inspection" means an inspection of a regulated person or facility conducted to ensure the safety of food services, swimming pools and other bathing places.
3. "License" includes the whole or part of any municipal permit, certificate, approval, registration, charter or similar form of permission required by law. License does not include a transaction privilege tax license.
4. "Licensing" includes the municipal process respecting the grant, denial, renewal, revocation, suspension, annulment, withdrawal or amendment of a license.
5. "Municipal" or "municipality" means an incorporated city or town.
6. "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental subdivision or unit of a governmental subdivision or a public or private organization of any character.
7. "Request for corrections" means a request for technical or clarifying corrections from an applicant who has submitted an administratively complete application for a license.
8. "Substantive policy statement" means a written expression that is only advisory and that informs the general public of a municipality’s current approach to, or opinion of, the requirements of the ordinances or codes, including, if appropriate, the municipality’s current practice, procedure or method of action based on that approach or opinion. A substantive policy statement does not include internal procedural documents that only affect the internal procedures of the municipality and that do not impose additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties or confidential information.
9. "Working day" means a twenty-four hour period excluding weekends and legal holidays.