|§ 12-982||Qualified immunity; insurance coverage|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 7 > Article 11 - Actions Against Volunteers
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Governmental entity: means a county, municipality, school district, chartered unit or subdivision, a governmental unit or other special district or similar entity or any association, authority, board, commission, division, office, officer, task force or other agency of this state. See Arizona Laws 12-981
- Hospital: means a health care facility, whether organized for profit or not, which provides medical services, nursing services, health screening services, other health-related services or supervisory care services. See Arizona Laws 12-981
- Nonprofit corporation: means a corporation that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(a) of the internal revenue code. See Arizona Laws 12-981
- Nonprofit organization: means an organization that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(c) of the internal revenue code. See Arizona Laws 12-981
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Volunteer: means a person who performs services for a nonprofit corporation or nonprofit organization, hospital or governmental entity without compensation other than reimbursement of actual expenses incurred. See Arizona Laws 12-981