|§ 672.1||Donations of perishable food — donor liability — penalty.|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 672 - Donations of Perishable Food
- Canned foods: means canned foods that have been hermetically sealed or commercially processed and prepared for human consumption. See Iowa Code 672.1
- Charitable or nonprofit organization: means an organization which is exempt from federal or state income taxation, except that the term does not include organizations which sell or offer to sell donated items of food. See Iowa Code 672.1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Gleaner: means a person who harvests, for free distribution, an agriculture crop that has been donated by the owner. See Iowa Code 672.1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Perishable food: means food which may spoil or otherwise become unfit for human consumption because of its nature or type of physical condition. See Iowa Code 672.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- State: includes any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or possession subject to the legislative authority of the United States. See Iowa Code 633D.2