Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 662D – Volunteer Service; Immunity
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|662D-2||Scope of immunity|
|662D-4||Limited liability for volunteers for activities at public skateboard parks|
|662D-5||Limited liability for maintaining or repairing cemetery grounds|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 662D - Volunteer Service; Immunity
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Governmental entity: means any agency, association, authority, board, commission, division, office, officer, public body, task force, or any other similar entity authorized or established by any county or the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Nonprofit corporation: means any corporation that is exempt from taxation pursuant to § 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Nonprofit organization: means any organization that is exempt from taxation pursuant to § 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Volunteer: means a person performing services without compensation, other than reimbursement for actual expenses incurred, for a nonprofit organization, a nonprofit corporation, a hospital, or a governmental entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1