|662D-2||Scope of immunity|
|662D-4||Limited liability for volunteers for activities at public skateboard parks|
|662D-5||Limited liability for maintaining or repairing cemetery grounds|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 662D - Volunteer Service; Immunity
- Articles of organization: means initial, amended, and restated articles of organization and articles of merger. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Business: includes every trade, occupation, profession, and other lawful purpose, whether or not carried on for profit. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of commerce and consumer affairs. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Director: means the director of commerce and consumer affairs. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Foreign limited liability company: means an unincorporated entity organized under laws other than the laws of this State which afford limited liability to its owners comparable to the liability under section 428-303 and is not required to obtain a certificate of authority to transact business under any law of this State other than this chapter. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Governmental entity: means any agency, association, authority, board, commission, division, office, officer, public body, task force, or any other similar entity authorized or established by any county or the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Limited liability company: means a limited liability company organized under this chapter. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Manager: means a person, whether or not a member of a manager-managed limited liability company, who is vested with authority under section 428-301(b). See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Manager-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company which is so designated in its articles of organization. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Member-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company other than a manager-managed company. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Nonprofit corporation: means any corporation that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Nonprofit organization: means any organization that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes any individual or entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Principal office: means the office, whether or not in this State, where the principal executive office of a domestic or foreign limited liability company is located. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Signed: includes any symbol executed or adopted by a person with the present intention to authenticate a record. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Volunteer: means a person performing services without compensation, other than reimbursement for actual expenses incurred, for a nonprofit organization, a nonprofit corporation, a hospital, or a governmental entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1