|662D-2||Scope of immunity|
|662D-4||Limited liability for volunteers for activities at public skateboard parks|
|662D-5||Limited liability for maintaining or repairing cemetery grounds|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 662D - Volunteer Service; Immunity
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: means a nonprofit corporation unless otherwise specified. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deliver: includes mail. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Department: means the department of commerce and consumer affairs, unless the context otherwise requires. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Department director: means the director of the department of commerce and consumer affairs, unless the context otherwise requires. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Directors: means individuals, designated in the articles or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and individuals elected or appointed by any other name or title, to act as members of the board. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation organized under a law other than the law of this State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Governmental entity: means any agency, association, authority, board, commission, division, office, officer, public body, task force, or any other similar entity authorized or established by any county or the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Member: means (without regard to what a person is called in the articles or bylaws) any person or persons having the rights and obligations of membership pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Nonprofit corporation: means any corporation that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Nonprofit organization: means any organization that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1
- Person: includes any individual or entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Principal office: means the office (in or out of the State) so designated in the annual report where the principal offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Proceeding: includes civil suit and criminal, administrative, and investigatory action. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414D-14
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Volunteer: means a person performing services without compensation, other than reimbursement for actual expenses incurred, for a nonprofit organization, a nonprofit corporation, a hospital, or a governmental entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 662D-1