Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 25 > Article 3
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Aeronaut: includes any aviator, pilot, balloonist and other person participating in the operation of aircraft while in flight. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Aircraft: includes a balloon, airplane, amphibian and craft used for navigation through the air. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Alcohol: means any substance containing any form of alcohol, including ethanol, methanol, propynol and isopropynol. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Conviction: means :
(a) An unvacated adjudication of guilt or a determination that a person violated or failed to comply with the law in a court of original jurisdiction or by an authorized administrative tribunal. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Passenger: includes a person who rides in aircraft but has no part in its operation. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215