Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 25 > Article 4 - Aircraft Registration and Taxation
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Aircraft: includes a balloon, airplane, amphibian and craft used for navigation through the air. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Aviation fuel: means all flammable liquids composed of a mixture of selected hydrocarbons expressly manufactured and blended for the purpose of effectively and efficiently operating an internal combustion engine for use in an aircraft but does not include fuel for jet or turbine powered aircraft. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Dealer: means a person who is engaged in the business of buying, selling or exchanging motor vehicles, trailers or semitrailers and who has an established place of business and has paid fees pursuant to section 28-4302. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Nonresident: means a person who is not a resident of this state as defined in section 28-2001. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Wilfully: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215