|Article 1||General Provisions||32-4101 – 32-4105|
|Article 2||Licensure||32-4121 – 32-4128|
|Article 3||Regulation||32-4151 – 32-4161|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 41 - Athletic Trainers
- Athletic illness: means an illness that arises from, or a manifestation of an illness that occurs as a result of, a person's participation in or preparation for games or sports or participation in recreational activities or physical fitness activities. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Athletic injury: means an injury sustained by a person as a result of that person's participation in or preparation for games or sports or participation in recreational activities or physical fitness activities, or any injury sustained by a person that is of the type that occurs during participation in or preparation for games or sports or participation in recreational activities or physical fitness activities, regardless of the circumstances under which the injury was sustained. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Athletic trainer: means a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Athletic training: includes the following performed under the direction of a licensed physician and for which the athletic trainer has received appropriate education and training as prescribed by the board:
(a) The prevention, recognition, examination, evaluation, rehabilitation and management of athletic injuries. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Board: means the board of athletic training. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Board of adjustment: means the official body designated by local ordinance to hear and decide applications for variances from the terms of the zoning ordinance and appeals from the decision of the zoning administrator. See Arizona Laws 9-462
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Direct supervision: means that the supervising athletic trainer is present in the facility or on the campus where athletic training students are performing services, is immediately available to assist the person being supervised in the services being performed and maintains continued involvement in appropriate aspects of the services being performed. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Direction of a licensed physician: means direction as prescribed by the board by rule pursuant to section 32-4103. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Dry needling: means a skilled intervention that is performed by an athletic trainer and that uses a thin filiform needle to penetrate the skin and stimulate underlying neural, muscular and connective tissues to evaluate and manage neuromusculoskeletal conditions, pain and movement impairments. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Licensed physician: means a person who is licensed pursuant to chapter 13 or 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Moral turpitude: means an offense, whether a misdemeanor or felony, that is related to extortion, burglary, larceny, bribery, embezzlement, robbery, racketeering, money laundering, forgery, fraud, murder, voluntary manslaughter or a sexual offense that requires the individual to register pursuant to section 13-3821. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- municipality: means an incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-462
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Planning agency: means the official body designated by local ordinance to carry out the purposes of this article and may be a planning department, a planning commission, a hearing officer, the legislative body itself or any combination thereof. See Arizona Laws 9-462
- Restricted license: means a license on which the board places restrictions or conditions, or both, as to the scope of practice, place of practice, supervision of practice, duration of license status or type or condition of a person to whom the licensee may provide services. See Arizona Laws 32-4101
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Zoning administrator: means the official responsible for enforcement of the zoning ordinance. See Arizona Laws 9-462
- Zoning ordinance: means a municipal ordinance regulating the use of the land or structures, or both, as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 9-462