Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 63 > Chapter 24 - Athletic Trainers
- Athletic injury: means any injury sustained by a person as a result of such person's participation in exercises, sports, games, or recreation requiring physical strength, agility, flexibility, range of motion, speed, or stamina, or comparable athletic injury that prevents such person from participating in such activities. See Tennessee Code 63-24-101
- Athletic trainer: means a person with specific qualifications as set forth in this chapter, who, upon the advice, consent and oral or written prescriptions or referrals of a physician licensed under this title, carries out the practice of prevention, recognition, evaluation, management, disposition, treatment, or rehabilitation of athletic injuries, and, in carrying out these functions the athletic trainer is authorized to use physical modalities, such as heat, light, sound, cold, electricity, or mechanical devices related to prevention, recognition, evaluation, management, disposition, rehabilitation, and treatment. See Tennessee Code 63-24-101
- Board: means the board of athletic trainers. See Tennessee Code 63-24-101
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Jurisprudence: The study of law and the structure of the legal system.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.