Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 152D - Athletic Training
- Athlete: means a person who participates in a sanctioned amateur or professional sport or other recreational sports activity. See Iowa Code 152D.1
- Athletic trainer: means a person licensed under this chapter to practice athletic training under the direction of a licensed physician. See Iowa Code 152D.1
- athletic training: includes the organization and administration of educational programs and athletic facilities, and the education and counseling of the public on matters relating to athletic training. See Iowa Code 152D.1
- Board: means the board of athletic training created under chapter 147. See Iowa Code 152D.1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1