(a) The council may discipline a registrant by any, or a combination, of the following methods:
(1) Placing the registration on probation.
Terms Used In California Business and Professions Code 22253.3
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Department of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Business and Professions Code 31
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
(2) Suspending the registration and the rights conferred by this chapter on a registrant for a period not to exceed one year.
(3) Revoking the registration.
(4) Suspending or staying the disciplinary order, or portions of it, with or without conditions.
(5) Taking other action as the council, as authorized by this chapter or its bylaws, rules, or procedures, deems proper.
(b) The council may issue an initial registration on probation, with specific terms and conditions, to any applicant.
(c) If a registration is suspended or revoked, the council shall notify the Franchise Tax Board and the Internal Revenue Service.
(Added by Stats. 2013, Ch. 660, Sec. 7. (SB 484) Effective January 1, 2014. Repealed as of January 1, 2023, pursuant to Section 22259.)