Any county or city and county may enter into leases and agreements relating to real property and buildings to be used jointly by the county or city and county and any private person, firm, or corporation pursuant to this article. As used in this article, “building” includes onsite and offsite facilities, utilities, and improvements, including permanent improvement of the grounds of a building, which, as agreed upon by the parties, are appropriate for the proper operation or function of the building to be occupied jointly by the county or city and county and the private person, firm, or corporation.
Any building, or portion thereof, which is used by a private person, firm, or corporation pursuant to this article shall be subject to the zoning and building code requirements of the local jurisdiction in which the building is situated.
Terms Used In California Government Code 25549.1
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
(Added by Stats. 1980, Ch. 341.)