|§ 50771.1||For the purpose of providing deferred payment loans pursuant to this …|
|§ 50771.2||(a) As an alternative to the loan provisions of paragraph (2) …|
|§ 50771.3||The department may adopt, amend, or repeal emergency regulations to …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 31 > Part 2 > Chapter 9 > Article 6
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- area median income: means the median family income of a geographic area of the state, as annually estimated by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development pursuant to Section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937. See California Public Resources Code 4649
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 24937
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Education Code 19431
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404