|§ 565||It is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine not exceeding one thousand …|
|§ 566||It is a felony, punishable by a fine not exceeding one thousand five …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 1 > Title 13 > Chapter 12.6
- Commission: means the Public Utilities Commission created by Section 1 of Article XII of the California Constitution, and "commissioner" means a member of the commission. See California Education Code 5093
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.