|720 ILCS 300||Derogatory Statements About Banks Act|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 720 > Offenses Against Property
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Town trustees: means the members of the township board required by Section 80-5 of the Township Code. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.30
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.