|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 2||Transportation Improvement Program|
|Article 3||Fiscal Provisions|
Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 3 > Chapter 17
- Advanced transportation technologies: means emerging commercially competitive transportation-related technologies identified by the authority as capable of creating long-term, high-value-added jobs for Californians while enhancing the state's commitment to energy conservation, pollution and greenhouse gas emissions reduction, and transportation efficiency. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authority: means the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority established pursuant to Section 26004, and any board, commission, department, or officer succeeding to the functions of the authority, or to which the powers conferred upon the authority by this division shall be given. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Education Code 5301
- Committee: means the Passenger Rail Finance Committee created pursuant to Section 2701. See California Streets and Highways Code 2701.01
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Construction: includes :
California Education Code 8091
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 1915
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 7005
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the Department of Transportation. See California Streets and Highways Code 2701.01
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Education Code 7053
- Director: means the director of the department. See California Education Code 7054
- directors: means natural persons, designated in the articles or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and natural persons designated, elected, or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the governing body of the corporation. See California Government Code 31831.2
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Fund: means the Passenger Rail Bond Fund created pursuant to Section 2701. See California Streets and Highways Code 2701.01
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Education Code 7056
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Education Code 17496
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Education Code 5300
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Education Code 5223
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 77
- State Board of Equalization meeting as a public body: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration for those duties, powers, and responsibilities transferred to the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration pursuant to Section 15570. See California Education Code 5302
- State highway: means any highway which is acquired, laid out, constructed, improved or maintained as a State highway pursuant to constitutional or legislative authorization. See California Education Code 7058
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term appears unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 17486
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.