|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 2||High-Speed Passenger Train Financing Program|
|Article 3||Fiscal Provisions|
Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 3 > Chapter 20
- Advanced manufacturing: includes any of the following:
California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Advanced transportation technologies: means emerging commercially competitive transportation-related technologies identified by the authority as capable of creating long-term, high-value-added jobs for Californians while enhancing the state's commitment to energy conservation, pollution and greenhouse gas emissions reduction, and transportation efficiency. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Authority: means the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority established pursuant to Section 26004, and any board, commission, department, or officer succeeding to the functions of the authority, or to which the powers conferred upon the authority by this division shall be given. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Authority: means the High-Speed Rail Authority created pursuant to Section 185020 of the Public Utilities Code, or its successor. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Education Code 5301
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Education Code 7054.1
- Committee: means the High-Speed Passenger Train Finance Committee created pursuant to Section 2704. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- Construction: includes :
California Education Code 8091
- Corridor: means a portion of the high-speed train system as described in Section 2704. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 17491
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 1915
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 7005
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Education Code 7053
- Director: means the director of the department. See California Education Code 7054
- directors: means natural persons, designated in the articles or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and natural persons designated, elected, or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the governing body of the corporation. See California Government Code 31831.2
- Financial assistance: includes , but is not limited to, loans, loan loss reserves, interest rate reductions, proceeds of bonds issued by the authority, bond insurance, loan guarantees or other credit enhancements or liquidity facilities, contributions of money, or a combination thereof, as determined by, and approved by the resolution of, the board. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Fund: means the High-Speed Passenger Train Bond Fund created pursuant to Section 2704. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- High-speed train: means a passenger train capable of sustained revenue operating speeds of at least 200 miles per hour where conditions permit those speeds. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- High-speed train system: means a system with high-speed trains and includes, but is not limited to, the following components: right-of-way, track, power system, rolling stock, stations, and associated facilities. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- maintenance: includes any of the following:
California Education Code 8070
- Participating party: means a person, federal or state agency, department, board, authority, or commission, state or community college, or university, or a city or county, regional agency, public district, school district, or other political entity engaged in the business or operations in the state, whether organized for profit or not for profit, that applies for financial assistance from the authority for the purpose of implementing a project. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Education Code 17496
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Education Code 5300
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Project: means a land, building, improvement to the land or building, rehabilitation, work, property, or structure, real or personal, stationary or mobile, including, but not limited to, machinery and equipment utilized in the state, whether or not in existence or under construction, that utilizes, or is designed to utilize, an alternative source, or that is utilized for the design, technology transfer, manufacture, production, assembly, distribution, or service of advanced transportation technologies or alternative source components. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- Revenue: means all rents, receipts, purchase payments, loan repayments, and all other income or receipts derived by the authority from a project, or the sale, lease, or other disposition of alternative source or advanced transportation technology facilities, or the making of loans to finance alternative source or advanced transportation technology facilities, and any income or revenue derived from the investment of money in any fund or account of the authority. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 50113.2
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 77
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term appears unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 17486
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Usable segment: means a portion of a corridor that includes at least two stations. See California Streets and Highways Code 2704.01
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.