|Article 1||General Provisions|
Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 3 > Chapter 7
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- beginning teacher: means a teacher with a valid California credential, as defined in Section 44259. See California Education Code 44279.1
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Education Code 5301
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Education Code 7054.1
- Construction: includes :
California Education Code 8091
- Controller: means the State Controller. See California Education Code 5303
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 5228
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Education Code 7053
- Director: means the director of the department. See California Education Code 7054
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Education Code 7056
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Education Code 5300
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.