Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 532a – Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 532a - Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts
- commissioner: means the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection and "mixed martial arts" means unarmed combat involving the use of a combination of techniques from different disciplines of the martial arts and includes grappling, kicking, jujitsu and striking. See Connecticut General Statutes 29-143j
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Majority leader: see Floor Leaders
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Ordinance: means an enactment under the provisions of §. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.