Florida Statutes > Chapter 549 – Automobile Race Meets
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 549 - Automobile Race Meets
- agent: includes an insurance producer or producer, but does not include a customer representative, limited customer representative, or service representative. See Florida Statutes 626.015
- Appointment: means the authority given by an insurer or employer to a licensee to transact insurance or adjust claims on behalf of an insurer or employer. See Florida Statutes 626.015
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Insurance agency: means a business location at which an individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association, or other entity, other than an employee of the individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association, or other entity and other than an insurer as defined by…. See Florida Statutes 626.015
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- License: means a document issued by the department or office authorizing a person to be appointed to transact insurance or adjust claims for the kind, line, or class of insurance identified in the document. See Florida Statutes 626.015
- minor: includes any person who has not attained the age of 18 years. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Resident: means an individual whose home state is the State of Florida. See Florida Statutes 626.015
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01