(a) The provisions of this chapter are waived for the following specific groups of drivers who operate:
(1) Farm vehicles which are:
a. Controlled and operated by a farmer;
b. Used to transport either agricultural products, farm machinery, farm supplies or both to or from a farm;
c. Not used in the operations of a common or contract motor carrier;
d. Used within 150 miles of the person’s farm; and
e. Not used for hire.
(2) Firefighting equipment which is:
a. Used by any fire company in this State which is necessary for the preservation of life or property or the execution of emergency governmental functions, or other authorized uses by the fire company.
b. Being operated by firefighters and other persons qualified to operate the equipment under paragraph (a)(2)a. of this section when operating such equipment in other functions such as parades, special events, repair, service or other authorized movements.
(3) Commercial motor vehicles for military purposes. This exception is applicable to active duty military personnel; members of the military reserves; members of the national guard on active duty, including personnel on full-time national guard duty, personnel on part-time national guard training, and national guard military technicians (civilians who are required to wear military uniforms); and active duty U.S. Coast Guard personnel. This exception is not applicable to U.S. Reserve technicians.
(4) Recreational vehicles or trailers as defined in Chapter 1 of this title, which provide temporary living quarters and are used solely for recreational purposes.
(5) Emergency mobile communication units operated in relation to a county emergency communication center, the State Police, or any municipality.
(6) Any other emergency vehicle, as defined by § 4106(e) of this title, used in the preservation of life or property or in the execution of emergency governmental functions and are equipped with audible and visual signals and are not subject to normal traffic regulation.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 21 Sec. 2621
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
(b) When operating a commercial motor vehicle as defined by § 2603 of this title, under the waiver provisions of paragraphs (a)(1), (2), (5), and (6) of this section, operators are required to hold a non-CDL Class A or non-CDL Class B license. Those drivers holding non-CDL Class A or non-CDL Class B licenses are limited to operating commercial motor vehicles within the State of Delaware unless there is a reciprocity agreement with adjoining states. These licenses will be classified in accordance with § 2611(b)(1) of this title.
67 Del. Laws, c. 157, § 1; 68 Del. Laws, c. 283, §§ 1, 2; 72 Del. Laws, c. 56, §§ 1, 2; 75 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 3; 75 Del. Laws, c. 391, § 8; 76 Del. Laws, c. 233, §§ 1-3, 5; 78 Del. Laws, c. 87, § 1.;