Any instrumentality jointly created by this State and any other state or states may, upon the granting of like authority by such other state or states:
(1) Enter into an agreement with the Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare whereby the benefits of the federal old-age and survivors insurance system shall be extended to employees of such instrumentality;
(2) Require its employees to pay, and for that purpose to deduct from their wages, contributions equal to the amounts which they would be required to pay under subsection (a) of § 5705 of this title if they were covered by an agreement made pursuant to § 5703 of this title; and
(3) Make payments to the Secretary of the Treasury in accordance with such agreement, including payments from its own funds, and otherwise to comply with such agreements.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 5704
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Wages: means all remuneration for employment as defined in this section, including the cash value of all remuneration paid in any medium other than cash, except that such term shall not include that part of such remuneration which, even if it were for "employment" within the meaning of the Federal Insurance Contributions Act, would not constitute "wages" within the meaning of such Act. See Delaware Code Title 25 Sec. 81-315
Such agreement shall, to the extent practicable, be consistent with the terms and provisions of § 5703 of this title and other provisions of this chapter.