Florida Regulations > Chapter 2A-7 – Address Confidentiality Program (Acp)
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 2A-7 - Address Confidentiality Program (Acp)
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.