Terms Used In Florida Statutes 322.19
- Driver license: means a certificate that, subject to all other requirements of law, authorizes an individual to drive a motor vehicle and denotes an operator's license as defined in 49 U. See Florida Statutes 409.908
- Identification card: means a personal identification card issued by the department which conforms to the definition in 18 U. See Florida Statutes 409.908
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
- State: means a state or possession of the United States, and, for the purposes of this chapter, includes the District of Columbia. See Florida Statutes 409.908
(1) Except as provided in ss. 775.21, 775.261, 943.0435, 944.607, and 985.4815, whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a driver license or identification card, changes his or her legal name, that person must within 30 days thereafter obtain a replacement license or card that reflects the change.
(2) If a person, after applying for or receiving a driver license or identification card, changes the legal residence or mailing address in the application, license, or card, the person must, within 30 calendar days after making the change, obtain a replacement license or card that reflects the change. A written request to the department must include the old and new addresses and the driver license or identification card number. Any person who has a valid, current student identification card issued by an educational institution in this state is presumed not to have changed his or her legal residence or mailing address. This subsection does not affect any person required to register a permanent or temporary address change pursuant to s. 775.13, s. 775.21, s. 775.25, or s. 943.0435.
(3) A violation of this section is a nonmoving violation with a penalty as provided in s. 318.18(2).
(4) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, if a licensee established his or her identity for a driver license using an identification document authorized under s. 322.08(2)(c)7. or 8., the licensee may not change his or her name or address except in person and upon submission of an identification document authorized under s. 322.08(2)(c)7. or 8.