Terms Used In Florida Statutes 409.016
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Secretary: means the secretary of the Department of Children and Families. See Florida Statutes 409.016
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Commercial sexual exploitation” means the use of any person under the age of 18 years for sexual purposes in exchange for money, goods, or services or the promise of money, goods, or services.
(2) “Department,” unless otherwise specified, means the Department of Children and Families.
(3) “Secretary” means the secretary of the Department of Children and Families.
(4) “Social and economic services,” within the meaning of this chapter, means the providing of financial assistance as well as preventive and rehabilitative social services for children, adults, and families.