Terms Used In Florida Statutes 480.035
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
(1) The Board of Massage Therapy is created within the department. The board shall consist of seven members, who shall be appointed by the Governor and whose function it shall be to carry out the provisions of this act.
(2) Five members of the board shall be licensed massage therapists and shall have been engaged in the practice of massage for not less than 5 consecutive years prior to the date of appointment to the board. The Governor shall appoint each member for a term of 4 years. Two members of the board shall be laypersons. Each board member shall be a high school graduate or shall have received a high school equivalency diploma. Each board member shall be a citizen of the United States and a resident of this state for not less than 5 years. The appointments will be subject to confirmation by the Senate.
(3) The Governor may at any time fill vacancies on the board for the remainder of unexpired terms. Each member of the board shall hold over after the expiration of her or his term until her or his successor has been duly appointed and qualified. No board member shall serve more than two terms, whether full or partial.
(4) The board shall, in the month of January, elect from its number a chair and a vice chair.
(5) The board shall hold such meetings during the year as it may determine to be necessary, one of which shall be the annual meeting. The chair of the board shall have the authority to call other meetings at her or his discretion. A quorum of the board shall consist of not less than four members.
(6) Board members shall receive per diem and mileage as provided in s. 112.061 from the place of residence to the place of meeting and return.