Each licensed citrus fruit dealer shall:
(1) Register with the Department of Agriculture each agent as defined in s. 601.03 who is authorized to represent such dealer; apply for registration of such agent or agents on a form approved by the Department of Agriculture and filed with the Department of Agriculture at least 5 days before the active participation of the agent or agents on behalf of such dealer in any transaction described in s. 601.03; and be held fully liable for and legally bound by all contracts and agreements, verbal or written, involving the consignment, purchase, or sale of citrus fruit executed by a duly registered agent on the dealer’s behalf during the entire period of valid registration of such agent the same as though such contracts or agreements were executed by the dealer. Registration of each agent shall be for the entire shipping season for which the applying dealer’s license is issued; however, a licensed dealer may cancel the registration of any agent registered by her or him by returning the agent’s identification card to the Department of Agriculture and giving formal written notice to the Department of Agriculture of at least 10 days. In addition, such dealer shall make every effort to alert the public to the fact that the agent is no longer authorized to represent her or him. An agent may be registered by more than one licensed dealer for the same shipping season, provided that each licensed dealer applies individually for registration of the agent and further provided that written consent is given by each and every dealer under whose license the agent has valid prior registration.
(2) When the requirements of subsection (1) and such additional requirements set forth by rules adopted by the Department of Citrus for registration of an agent are met and the fee required by s. 601.59(2) is paid, the Department of Agriculture shall duly register the agent and issue an identification card certifying such registration. The identification card, among other things, shall show in a prominent manner:
(a) The name and address of the agent.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 601.601
- Agent: means any person who, on behalf of any citrus fruit dealer, negotiates the consignment, purchase, or sale of citrus fruit, or weighs citrus fruit so that the weight thereof may be used in computing the amount to be paid therefor. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Citrus fruit: means all varieties and regulated hybrids of citrus fruit and also means processed citrus products containing 20 percent or more citrus fruit or citrus fruit juice. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department: means the Department of Citrus. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Department of Agriculture: means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- shipping: means to move, or cause to be moved, citrus fruit or the canned or concentrated products thereof in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce by rail, truck, boat, airplane, or any other means. See Florida Statutes 601.03
- Shipping season: means that period beginning August 1 of one year and ending July 31 of the following year. See Florida Statutes 601.03
(b) The authorizing dealer’s name, address, and license number.
(c) The effective date and season for which registration is made.
(d)1. A space for signature of the agent.
2. A space to be countersigned by the licensed dealer.
3. A statement providing that the card is not valid unless so signed and countersigned.
The department may periodically adopt, as necessary, additional requirements or conditions relating to the registration of agents.