Terms Used In Florida Statutes 633.516
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 633.102
- Division: means the Division of State Fire Marshal within the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 633.102
- Firefighter: means an individual who holds a current and valid Firefighter Certificate of Compliance or Special Certificate of Compliance issued by the division under…. See Florida Statutes 633.102
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
The division may contract for studies, subject to the availability of funding, of occupational diseases of firefighters or persons in other fire-related fields and the ways and means for the control and prevention of such occupational diseases. When such a study or another study that is wholly or partly funded under an agreement, including a contract or grant, with the department tracks a disease of an individual firefighter or a person in another fire-related field, the division may, with associated security measures, release the confidential information, including a social security number, of that individual to a party who has entered into an agreement with the department.