Every person who falsely personates another, and in such assumed character, either:
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-3001
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
1. Becomes bail or surety for any party in any proceeding whatever, before any court or officer authorized to take such bail or surety; or
2. Verifies, publishes, acknowledges or proves in the name of another person, any written instrument, with the intent that the same may be recorded, delivered and used as true; or
3. Does any act whereby, if it were done by the person falsely personated, he might in any event, become liable to any suit or prosecution, or to pay any sum of money, or to incur any charge, forfeiture or penalty, or whereby any benefit might accrue to the party personating, or to any other person;
Is punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding two (2) years, or by a fine not exceeding $5000.