(1) Any person found guilty of a violation of section 18-3124, 18-3125A or 18-3127, Idaho Code, is guilty of a misdemeanor. In the event that the retail value of the goods obtained or attempted to be obtained through any violation of the provisions of section 18-3124, 18-3125A or 18-3127, Idaho Code, exceeds three hundred dollars ($300), any such violation will constitute a felony, and will be punished as provided in this section. Any person found guilty of a violation of section 18-3125, 18-3126 or 18-3126A, Idaho Code, is guilty of a felony.
(2) For purposes of this section, the punishment for a misdemeanor shall be a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) or up to one (1) year in the county jail, or both such fine and imprisonment.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-3128
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(3) For purposes of this section, the punishment for a felony shall be a fine of up to fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) or imprisonment in the state prison not exceeding five (5) years, or both such fine and imprisonment.