As used in this chapter:
(1) "Aggravated offense" means any of the following crimes: 18-1506A (ritualized abuse of a child); 18-1508 (lewd conduct); 18-4003(d) (murder committed in the perpetration of rape); 18-4502 (first-degree kidnapping committed for the purpose of rape, committing an infamous crime against nature, committing any lewd and lascivious act upon any child under the age of sixteen years or for purposes of sexual gratification or arousal); 18-4503 (second-degree kidnapping where the victim is an unrelated minor child and the kidnapping is committed for the purpose of rape, committing an infamous crime against nature, committing any lewd and lascivious act upon any child under the age of sixteen years or for purposes of sexual gratification or arousal); 18-6101 (rape, but excluding section 18-6101(1) where the victim is at least twelve years of age or the defendant is eighteen years of age); 18-6608 (forcible sexual penetration by use of a foreign object); 18-8602(1) (sex trafficking); and any other offense set forth in section 18-8304, Idaho Code, if at the time of the commission of the offense the victim was below the age of thirteen (13) years or an offense that is substantially similar to any of the foregoing offenses under the laws of another jurisdiction or military court or the court of another country.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-8303
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) "Board" means the sexual offender management board described in section 18-8312, Idaho Code.
(3) "Central registry" means the registry of convicted sexual offenders maintained by the Idaho state police pursuant to this chapter.
(4) "Certified evaluator" means either a psychiatrist licensed by this state pursuant to chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code, or a master’s or doctoral level mental health professional licensed by this state pursuant to chapter 23, chapter 32, or chapter 34, title 54, Idaho Code. Such person shall have by education, experience and training, expertise in the assessment and treatment of sexual offenders, and such person shall meet the qualifications and shall be approved by the board to perform psychosexual evaluations in this state, as described in section 18-8314, Idaho Code.
(5) "Department" means the Idaho state police.
(6) "Employed" means full-time or part-time employment exceeding ten (10) consecutive working days or for an aggregate period exceeding thirty (30) days in any calendar year, or any employment that involves counseling, coaching, teaching, supervising or working with minors in any way regardless of the period of employment, whether such employment is financially compensated, volunteered or performed for the purpose of any government or education benefit.
(7) "Foreign conviction" means a conviction under the laws of Canada, Great Britain, Australia or New Zealand, or a conviction under the laws of any foreign country deemed by the U.S. department of state, in its country reports on human rights practices, to have been obtained with sufficient safeguards for fundamental fairness and due process.
(8) "Incarceration" means committed to the custody of the Idaho department of correction or department of juvenile corrections, but excluding cases where the court has retained jurisdiction.
(9) "Jurisdiction" means any of the following: a state, the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, the United States Virgin Islands, the federal government or a federally recognized Indian tribe.
(10) "Minor" means an individual who has not attained the age of eighteen (18) years.
(11) "Offender" means an individual convicted of an offense listed and described in section 18-8304, Idaho Code, or a substantially similar offense under the laws of another jurisdiction or military court or the court of another country deemed by the U.S. department of state, in its country reports on human rights practices, to have sufficient safeguards for fundamental fairness and due process.
(12) "Offense" means a sexual offense listed in section 18-8304, Idaho Code.
(13) "Psychosexual evaluation" means an evaluation that specifically addresses sexual development, sexual deviancy, sexual history and risk of reoffense as part of a comprehensive evaluation of an offender.
(14) "Recidivist" means an individual convicted two (2) or more times of any offense requiring registration under this chapter.
(15) "Residence" means the offender’s present place of abode.
(16) "Student" means a person who is enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis, in any public or private educational institution, including any secondary school, trade or professional institution or institution of higher education.
(17) "Violent sexual predator" means a person who was designated as a violent sexual predator by the sex offender classification board where such designation has not been removed by judicial action or otherwise.