Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 18 > Chapter 83
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Aggravated offense: means any of the following crimes: 18-1506A (ritualized abuse of a child); 18-1508 (lewd conduct); 18-4003(d) (murder committed in the perpetration of rape); 18-4502 (first-degree kidnapping committed for the purpose of rape, committing an infamous crime against nature, committing any lewd and lascivious act upon any child under the age of sixteen years or for purposes of sexual gratification or arousal); 18-4503 (second-degree kidnapping where the victim is an unrelated minor child and the kidnapping is committed for the purpose of rape, committing an infamous crime against nature, committing any lewd and lascivious act upon any child under the age of sixteen years or for purposes of sexual gratification or arousal); 18-6101 (rape, but excluding section 18-6101(1) where the victim is at least twelve years of age or the defendant is eighteen years of age); 18-6608 (forcible sexual penetration by use of a foreign object); 18-8602(1) (sex trafficking); and any other offense set forth in section 18-8304, Idaho Code, if at the time of the commission of the offense the victim was below the age of thirteen (13) years or an offense that is substantially similar to any of the foregoing offenses under the laws of another jurisdiction or military court or the court of another country. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Board: means the sexual offender management board described in section 18-8312, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Central registry: means the registry of convicted sexual offenders maintained by the Idaho state police pursuant to this chapter. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Certified evaluator: means either a psychiatrist licensed by this state pursuant to chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code, or a master’s or doctoral level mental health professional licensed by this state pursuant to Idaho Code 18-8303
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the Idaho state police. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Employed: means full-time or part-time employment exceeding ten (10) consecutive working days or for an aggregate period exceeding thirty (30) days in any calendar year, or any employment that involves counseling, coaching, teaching, supervising or working with minors in any way regardless of the period of employment, whether such employment is financially compensated, volunteered or performed for the purpose of any government or education benefit. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Foreign conviction: means a conviction under the laws of Canada, Great Britain, Australia or New Zealand, or a conviction under the laws of any foreign country deemed by the U. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Incarceration: means committed to the custody of the Idaho department of correction or department of juvenile corrections, but excluding cases where the court has retained jurisdiction. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Jurisdiction: means any of the following: a state, the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, the United States Virgin Islands, the federal government or a federally recognized Indian tribe. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Minor: means an individual who has not attained the age of eighteen (18) years. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Offender: means an individual convicted of an offense listed and described in section 18-8304, Idaho Code, or a substantially similar offense under the laws of another jurisdiction or military court or the court of another country deemed by the U. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Offense: means a sexual offense listed in section 18-8304, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court. Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed. Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Psychosexual evaluation: means an evaluation that specifically addresses sexual development, sexual deviancy, sexual history and risk of reoffense as part of a comprehensive evaluation of an offender. See Idaho Code 18-8303 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. Recidivist: means an individual convicted two (2) or more times of any offense requiring registration under this chapter. See Idaho Code 18-8303 Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. Residence: means the offender’s present place of abode. See Idaho Code 18-8303 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Student: means a person who is enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis, in any public or private educational institution, including any secondary school, trade or professional institution or institution of higher education. See Idaho Code 18-8303 Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries. Violent sexual predator: means a person who was designated as a violent sexual predator by the sex offender classification board where such designation has not been removed by judicial action or otherwise. See Idaho Code 18-8303