(1) An offender subject to registration who knowingly fails to register, verify his address, or provide any information or notice as required by this chapter shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison system for a period not to exceed ten (10) years and by a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000). If the offender is on probation or other supervised release or suspension from incarceration at the time of the violation, the probation or supervised release or suspension shall be revoked and the penalty for violating this chapter shall be served consecutively to the offender’s original sentence.
(2) An offender subject to registration under this chapter, who willfully provides false or misleading information in the registration required, shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in a state prison for a period not to exceed ten (10) years and a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000).
Terms Used In Idaho Code 18-8311
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Incarceration: means committed to the custody of the Idaho department of correction or department of juvenile corrections, but excluding cases where the court has retained jurisdiction. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Offender: means an individual convicted of an offense listed and described in section 18-8304, Idaho Code, or a substantially similar offense under the laws of another jurisdiction or military court or the court of another country deemed by the U. See Idaho Code 18-8303
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114