(1) A person shall not practice massage therapy for compensation or hold himself or herself out to others as a massage therapist without first receiving from the board a license to engage in that practice.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 54-4005
- Advertise: means , but is not limited to, the issuing or causing to be distributed of any card, sign, direct mail piece or other device or causing or permitting any sign or marking on or in any building or structure, or in any newspaper, magazine or directory, or announcement on radio or announcement or display on television, computer network or electronic or telephonic medium. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Board: means the Idaho state board of massage therapy created pursuant to section 54-4006, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Compensation: means the payment, loan, advance, donation, contribution, deposit or gift of money or anything of value, except "compensation" shall not include a student tuition credit program where such program has been established by a massage therapy establishment. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Massage therapist: means a person who is licensed under this chapter and who engages in the practice of massage therapy. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Massage therapy: means the care and services provided by a massage therapist. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) A person holds himself or herself out to others as a massage therapist when the person adopts or uses any title or description including "massage therapist," "massagist," "massotherapist," "myotherapist," "body therapist," "massage technician," "massage practitioner" or any derivation of those terms that implies this practice.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed massage therapist under this chapter to advertise using the term "massage therapist." Any person who holds a license to practice as a massage therapist in this state may use the title "licensed massage therapist." No other person shall assume this title or use an abbreviation or any other words, letters, signs or figures to indicate that the person using the title is a licensed massage therapist.