Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 54 > Chapter 40
- Advertise: means , but is not limited to, the issuing or causing to be distributed of any card, sign, direct mail piece or other device or causing or permitting any sign or marking on or in any building or structure, or in any newspaper, magazine or directory, or announcement on radio or announcement or display on television, computer network or electronic or telephonic medium. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Board: means the Idaho state board of massage therapy created pursuant to section 54-4006, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Compensation: means the payment, loan, advance, donation, contribution, deposit or gift of money or anything of value, except "compensation" shall not include a student tuition credit program where such program has been established by a massage therapy establishment. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Massage therapist: means a person who is licensed under this chapter and who engages in the practice of massage therapy. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Massage therapy: means the care and services provided by a massage therapist. See Idaho Code 54-4002
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Practice of massage therapy: means the application of a system of structured touch, pressure, movement and holding of the soft tissues of the human body. See Idaho Code 54-4002 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114