|20 ILCS 105||Illinois Act on the Aging|
|20 ILCS 110||Civil Administrative Code of Illinois. (Department on Aging Law)|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 20 > Dpt On Aging
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Balanced budget: A budget in which receipts equal outlays.
- Conference committee: A temporary, ad hoc panel composed of conferees from both chamber of a legislature which is formed for the purpose of reconciling differences in legislation that has passed both chambers. Conference committees are usually convened to resolve bicameral differences on major and controversial legislation.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- obtain: means :
(a) In relation to property, to bring about a transfer of interest or possession, whether to the offender or to another, and
(b) In relation to labor or services, to secure the performance thereof. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 720 ILCS 5/15-7
- owner: means a person, other than the offender, who has possession of or any other interest in the property involved, even though such interest or possession is unlawful, and without whose consent the offender has no authority to exert control over the property. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 720 ILCS 5/15-2
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- property: means anything of value. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 720 ILCS 5/15-1
- Supplemental appropriation: Budget authority provided in an appropriations act in addition to regular or continuing appropriations already provided. Supplemental appropriations generally are made to cover emergencies, such as disaster relief, or other needs deemed too urgent to be postponed until the enactment of next year's regular appropriations act.
- Surviving spouse: means "widow" or "widower" as the case may be. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.32
- threat: means a menace, however communicated, to:
(a) Inflict physical harm on the person threatened or any other person or on property; or
(b) Subject any person to physical confinement or restraint; or
(c) Commit any criminal offense; or
(d) Accuse any person of a criminal offense; or
(e) Expose any person to hatred, contempt or ridicule; or
(f) Harm the credit or business repute of any person; or
(g) Reveal any information sought to be concealed by the person threatened; or
(h) Take action as an official against anyone or anything, or withhold official action, or cause such action or withholding; or
(i) Bring about or continue a strike, boycott or other similar collective action if the property is not demanded or received for the benefit of the group which he purports to represent; or
(j) Testify or provide information or withhold testimony or information with respect to another's legal claim or defense; or
(k) Inflict any other harm which would not benefit the offender. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 720 ILCS 5/15-5