Nebraska Statutes > Nebraska Senior Volunteer Program Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 81-2273||Act, how cited|
|§ 81-2274||Purpose of act|
|§ 81-2275||Terms, defined|
|§ 81-2279||Senior volunteers; benefits|
|§ 81-2281||Grants; amount|
|§ 81-2282||Grantee; reports|
|§ 81-2283||Rules and regulations|
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes > Nebraska Senior Volunteer Program Act
- Acquire: when used in connection with a grant of power or property right to any person shall include the purchase, grant, gift, devise, bequest, and obtaining by eminent domain. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Attorney: shall mean attorney at law. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Company: shall include any corporation, partnership, limited liability company, joint-stock company, joint venture, or association. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Embezzlement: In most states, embezzlement is defined as theft/larceny of assets (money or property) by a person in a position of trust or responsibility over those assets. Embezzlement typically occurs in the employment and corporate settings. Source: OCC
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Grantee shall: include every person to whom any estate or interest passes in or by any conveyance. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Month: shall mean calendar month. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person shall: include bodies politic and corporate, societies, communities, the public generally, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, and associations. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Process: shall mean a summons, subpoena, or notice to appear issued out of a court in the course of judicial proceedings. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Year: shall mean calendar year. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801