Illinois Compiled Statutes > 750 ILCS 95 – Frail Elderly Individual Family Visitation Protection Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 750 ILCS 95 - Frail Elderly Individual Family Visitation Protection Act
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Freedom of Information Act: A federal law that mandates that all the records created and kept by federal agencies in the executive branch of government must be open for public inspection and copying. The only exceptions are those records that fall into one of nine exempted categories listed in the statute. Source: OCC
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Probate: Proving a will
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.