|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 4||Standards and Inspection|
|Article 5||Additional Requirements|
|Article 5.5||Grants-in-Aid Program|
|Article 6||Denial, Suspension, and Revocation|
Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 2 > Chapter 3.3 - California Adult Day Health Care Act
- Adult day health care: means an organized day program of therapeutic, social, and skilled nursing health activities and services provided pursuant to this chapter to elderly persons or adults with disabilities with functional impairments, either physical or mental, for the purpose of restoring or maintaining optimal capacity for self-care. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- adult day health care center: means a licensed facility that provides adult day health care. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Community estate: includes both community property and quasi-community property. See California Family Code 63
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- County: includes city and county. See California Food and Agricultural Code 29
- County: includes city and county. See California Health and Safety Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Family Code 67
- Date of separation: means the date that a complete and final break in the marital relationship has occurred, as evidenced by both of the following:
California Family Code 70
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- department: means the State Department of Health Care Services and "director" means the Director of Health Care Services. See California Health and Safety Code 11752
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Director: means the State Public Health Officer. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Hours of service: means the program hours defined and posted by the adult day health care center for the provision of adult day health care services, pursuant to Section 14550 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, which shall be no less than four hours, excluding transportation. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- Individual plan of care: means a plan designed to provide recipients of adult day health care with appropriate treatment in accordance with the assessed needs of each individual. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- Irrevocable trust: A trust arrangement that cannot be revoked, rescinded, or repealed by the grantor.
- License: means a basic permit to operate an adult day health care center. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Local agency: means any county, city, public district, or other public agency. See California Public Resources Code 6331
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- order: include a decree, as appropriate under the circumstances. See California Family Code 100
- Person: means any private person, partnership, association, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Public Resources Code 6331
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, corporation, limited liability company, or any organized group of persons whether incorporated or not. See California Food and Agricultural Code 38
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Health and Safety Code 19
- Person: includes a natural person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or public entity. See California Family Code 105
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Petitioner: includes plaintiff, where appropriate. See California Family Code 126
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Proceeding: includes an action. See California Family Code 110
- Property: includes real and personal property and any interest therein. See California Family Code 113
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Respondent: includes defendant, where appropriate. See California Family Code 127
- Spousal support: means support of the spouse of the obligor. See California Family Code 142
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Health and Safety Code 12.2
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Family Code 143
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Health and Safety Code 23
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a commonwealth, territory, or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See California Family Code 145
- state department: means the State Department of Public Health. See California Health and Safety Code 1570.7
- Support: refers to a support obligation owing on behalf of a child, spouse, or family, or an amount owing pursuant to Section 17402. See California Family Code 150
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Ungranted tidelands: means the tide and submerged lands owned by the State of California which have not been granted in trust to any local agency or to the United States or to private parties. See California Public Resources Code 6331