|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 4||Standards and Inspection|
|Article 5||Additional Requirements|
|Article 5.5||Grants-in-Aid Program|
|Article 6||Denial, Suspension, and Revocation|
Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 2 > Chapter 3.3
- Action: includes a civil action and a criminal action. See California Education Code 17524
- Adult day health care: means an organized day program of therapeutic, social, and skilled nursing health activities and services provided pursuant to this chapter to elderly persons or adults with disabilities with functional impairments, either physical or mental, for the purpose of restoring or maintaining optimal capacity for self-care. See California Penal Code 2053.1
- adult day health care center: means a licensed facility that provides adult day health care. See California Penal Code 2053.1
- Arraignment: A proceeding in which an individual who is accused of committing a crime is brought into court, told of the charges, and asked to plead guilty or not guilty.
- Assets: as used in this division , means all assets excluding intangibles. See California Health and Safety Code 13144.5
- Authorized agency activities: includes ministerial functions such as providing loan applications, assembling documents, providing a location for returning documents necessary for making a loan, providing loan account information, receiving payments, disbursing loan funds, evaluating loan applications, and other activities that the commissioner may specify by rule or order. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Branch business unit: means all or substantially all of the business of a branch office of an industrial loan company. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- Charges: as used in this division , include the aggregate interest, fees, bonuses, commissions, brokerage, discounts, expenses, and other forms of costs charged, contracted for, or received by an industrial loan company or any other person in connection with the investigating, arranging, negotiating, procuring, guaranteeing, making, servicing, collecting, or enforcing of a loan, or for forbearance of money, credit, goods, things in action, or any other service or services rendered. See California Health and Safety Code 13143.3
- company: as used in this division means a premium finance agency as defined in Section 18560. See California Health and Safety Code 13140.6
- Core business: means the business of issuing investment certificates, making loans, and other activities that the commissioner may specify by rule or order. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 24937
- Defense attorney: Represent defendants in criminal matters.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Depository institution affiliate: means a depository institution affiliate within the meaning of Section 18(r) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (18 U. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- Director: means the State Public Health Officer. See California Penal Code 2053.1
- Director: means "State Director of Health Services. See California Education Code 24944
- Evidence: means testimony, writings, material objects, or other things presented to the senses that are offered to prove the existence or nonexistence of a fact. See California Education Code 17531
- Facility: when used with respect to a foreign (other state) industrial loan company, means an office in this state at which the industrial loan company engages in noncore business but at which it does not engage in core business. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Forbearance: A means of handling a delinquent loan. A
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Habeas corpus: A writ that is usually used to bring a prisoner before the court to determine the legality of his imprisonment. It may also be used to bring a person in custody before the court to give testimony, or to be prosecuted.
- Individual plan of care: means a plan designed to provide recipients of adult day health care with appropriate treatment in accordance with the assessed needs of each individual. See California Penal Code 2053.1
- Law: includes constitutional, statutory, and decisional law. See California Education Code 17534
- Law of the domicile: when used with respect to an industrial loan company, means the law of the state of the United States, as defined in Section 146. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- License: means a basic permit to operate an adult day health care center. See California Penal Code 2053.1
- magistrate: signifies any one of the officers mentioned in Section 808. See California Education Code 1012
- mandatory supervision: shall mean the portion of a defendant's sentenced term during which time he or she is supervised by the county probation officer pursuant to subparagraph (B) of paragraph (5) of subdivision (h) of Section 1170. See California Education Code 1094
- month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See California Education Code 1012
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, company, limited liability company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Education Code 18561
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Education Code 24942
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Public entity: includes a nation, state, county, city and county, city, district, public authority, public agency, or any other political subdivision or public corporation, whether foreign or domestic. See California Education Code 17572
- seal: includes an impression of such seal upon the paper alone, or upon any substance attached to the paper capable of receiving a visible impression. See California Education Code 1012
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Education Code 24935
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 17576
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 25000.5
- state department: means the State Department of Public Health. See California Penal Code 2053.1
- Whole business unit: means all or substantially all of the business of an industrial loan company. See California Health and Safety Code 13166
- willfully: when applied to the intent with which an act is done or omitted, implies simply a purpose or willingness to commit the act, or make the omission referred to. See California Education Code 1012
- writ: signifies an order or precept in writing, issued in the name of the people, or of a court or judicial officer, and the word "process" a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See California Education Code 1012
- Writing: means handwriting, typewriting, printing, photostating, photographing, photocopying, transmitting by electronic mail or facsimile, and every other means of recording upon any tangible thing, any form of communication or representation, including letters, words, pictures, sounds, or symbols, or combinations thereof, and any record thereby created, regardless of the manner in which the record has been stored. See California Education Code 17581
- Writing: includes any form of recorded message capable of comprehension by ordinary visual means. See California Education Code 18535