(1) knowingly or intentionally:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-48-4-10.1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(B) finances the manufacture of;
(D) finances the delivery of; or
smokable hemp; or
(2) possesses smokable hemp with intent to:
(B) finance the manufacture of;
(C) deliver; or
(D) finance the delivery of;
commits dealing in smokable hemp, a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) Subsection (a)(1)(B), (a)(1)(D), (a)(2)(B), and (a)(2)(D) do not apply to:
(1) a financial institution organized or reorganized under the laws of Indiana, any other state, or the United States; or
(2) any agency or instrumentality of the state or the United States.
(c) Subsection (a)(1)(C), (a)(1)(D), (a)(1)(E), (a)(2)(C), and (a)(2)(D) do not apply to the shipment of smokable hemp from a licensed producer in another state in continuous transit through Indiana to a licensed handler in any state.
As added by P.L.190-2019, SEC.31. Amended by P.L.142-2020, SEC.81.