(1) charged with or convicted of a violation of section 6 of this chapter based on the possession of a narcotic drug classified in schedule I or II; and
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-48-4-12.5
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person to whom this section applies is entitled to be enrolled on a priority basis in:
(1) a forensic diversion program (as described in IC 11-12-3.7) providing a treatment plan for a person with an addictive disorder;
(2) a pretrial diversion program offered by the prosecuting attorney that mandates treatment for addictive disorders; or
(3) another county program, including a drug court program, that provides treatment for persons suffering from addictive disorders who have been charged with or convicted of a drug offense.
(c) A person to whom this section applies is not entitled to enrollment in a program described in subsection (b) if:
(1) an appropriate program is not available in the county;
(2) the person is not eligible for an appropriate program; or
(3) placement in a program is not appropriate due to the person’s criminal history.
As added by P.L.125-2017, SEC.2.